College of Mining Engineering
1. Foundation Date
The College of Mining Engineering was established under decision No.497/TTg dated 24th July 1996 by the Prime Minister on the basis of the formal Mine Technical Secondary School, which was established on 25th November 1958.
To supply college level mine technicians to meet the following objectives: to provide graduate technicians with profound technological knowledge and skills to guide technical workers to implement technological process and to design projects in their managerial capacity.
3. Degree and Program
- Three-year formal technical college system.
- Two-year formal technical college system for students, who graduate from professional secondary, mine technical high schools and high level workers.
- Formal and in-service technical secondary systems: two-year training of technicians on special seminars, factory managers and workers on exploitation, machinery maintenance, mine surveys, mineral selection and drilling.
- Unite with universities to train students at university level according to the demand of the industry and society.
4. Training Faculties
- Mine Exploitation
- Mine Electro-mechanic, Mineral Selection
- Mine Economics
- Mine Survey
- In-service Training
5. Center and Facilities
- Central Laboratory
- Electro-mechanic Workshops
- Room for Experiment of Mineral Selection
- Experimental Area for Mine Exploitation
- Gymnastic Room
- Computer Center
- Printing and Photo Center.
6. Teaching Staff and Students
The teaching staff of 86 includes 1 Doctor, 18 Masters,
Total student enrollment: 3,200
- Full-time students: 2,300
- Part-time students: 900
7. International Relations
- Signed an agreement on training and scientific research with Liaoning Technical University (China);
- Trained fourteen exploiting and mine electro-mechanic cadres for the People''''s Democratic Republic of Laos.
8. Training Results
Over the past forty five years the College has trained more 15,000 secondary technical cadres, practical engineers and college bachelors.
The College of Mining Engineering was presented a 3rd class war Resistant Order, one 1st class Labor Order and other five orders, five Prominent Teacher awards.
Phung The Vang, Headmaster
Address: College of Mining Engineering
Km 64+500, 18A Highway,
Dong Trieu, Quang Ninh, Vietnam