University of Trade Unions
1. Foundation Date: the University was founded on May 15th, 1946.
2. Mandate: to provide higher education in trade union and other different fields through its bachelor training programs on trade union construction, labour protection, business administration and sociology. The University is also the centre of studying the theory of working class and trade union for Vietnam Trade Union Organization, focusing on training and strengthening trade union cadres. Great emphasis is also laid on intellectual, moral and physical education, combining theory and practice, closely connecting training and scientific research.
Besides, the University compiles materials and documents
of trade union, labour protection economics and trade
union books for trade union system and classes in National Administrative Institute.
3. Degrees and Programs
- B.Sc. in Trade Union, Business Management, Labour Protection, Sociology: 4 years.
- The University is in the process of providing postgraduate education, i.e. Master’s degree: 2 years.
4. Academic Faculties
- Trade Union Construction
- Labour Protection
- Business Management
- In-service Training
- Fundamental Science
- Foreign Languages
5. Centers and Facilities
- Historical Center
- English Center
- Computer Center
- Information – Document Center
- Facilities for Science Research
6. Faculty and Students
- The teaching staff of 88 includes 7 Doctors of Science, 21 Masters and 60 Bachelors.
- Total enrollment: 4,900
+ Students of Trade Union Construction Faculty: 2,500
+ Students of other academic faculties: 2,400
7. International Relations
In pursuit of academic excellence and relevance in teaching, research and extension, the University of Trade Unions is strongly willing to develop collaboration with Trade Union Universities and Organizations of other countries in the world.
The co-operation activities are focused on:
- Training and strengthening officials for trade union organizations;
- Exchange of academic information and knowledge;
- Development of joint research projects/programs;
- Joint organization of conferences and training courses.
For over fifty years of its existence, the University has established co-operation with the following foreign institutions and universities: Russian Institute of Labour and Social Relations, Cambridge University, International Labour Organization (ILO), Trade Union Organizations of France, Laos, Italy, Cambodia.
Dr. Nguyen Viet Vuong, Rector
Address: University of Trade Unions
169 Tay Son Str., Dong Da District
Tel: 84-4-8522204, 8518316