1. Foundation Date: 23 July 1968.
2. Mandate: To train health personnel with Bachelor''s degree for the northern mountainous provinces of Vietnam. Through over 30 years, the College has trained 8757 medical doctors who care and protect people''s health living in the northern mountainous region.
3. Degrees and Programs
3.1. Undergraduate Education:
- Medical Doctor: 6 years (formal training course).
- Medical Doctor: 4 years (crash course for assistant doctors).
- B.Sc. in Pharmaceutics: 4 years.
- Technicians: 2.5 years.
3.2. Postgraduate Education:
- Master''s degree of Preventive Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery: 2 years.
- First degree of speciality in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Otorhinolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Psychiatry and Public Health.
- Oriented speciality education.
4. Academic Department
There are 28 departments in the College:
- Dept. of Anatomy - Dept. of Internal Medicine
- Dept. of Physiology - Dept. of Surgery
- Dept. of Biochemistry - Dept. of Obstetrics
- Dept. of Histology - Dept. of Pediatrics
- Dept. of Microbiology - Dept. of Traditional Medicine
- Dept. of Parasitology - Dept. of Infectious Diseases
- Dept. of Pathophysiology & - Dept. of Tuberculogy
Immunology - Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology
- Dept. of Medical Bio-physics - Dept. of Odonto-Stomatology
- Dept. of Pharmacology - Dept. of Ophthalmology
- Dept. of Pathology Oncology - Dept. of Radiology
- Dept. of Nursing - Dept. of Dermatology
- Dept. of Social Medicine - Dept. of Neurology
- Dept. of Community Medicine - Dept. of Psychiatry
- Dept. of Hygiene-Environment - Dept. of Physiotherapy
and Epidemiology & Rehabilitation
5. Centre and Facilities of the College
- Health-Environment Centre for Northern Mountainous Area.
- Centre for Research and Applying Traditional Herbal Medicine in Northern Mountainous Area.
- Centre for High-tech Medical Diagnosis.
- Community Health Unit for Mountainous Area.
- Cancer and Tissue Graft Unit for Mountainous Area.
6. Faculty and Students
The teaching staff of 180 includes 3 Associate Professors, 16 Ph.D., 53 Masters, 14 Medical Doctors with second degree of speciality, 40 Medical Doctors with first degree of speciality, 52 Medical Doctors and 6 Pharmacists.
Total enrollment is 2,500 students
- Full-time students: 1,500
- Part-time students: 1,000.
7. International Relations
Thai Nguyen College of Medicine would like to establish and develop the International collaboration with universities, institutions and organizations in the regional countries as well as in the world for training and research in the fields of Medicine, Health, Community Medicine, Nursing, Epidemiology, Pharma-ceutics, International Relations and others associated with medicine.
In recent years, the College has established co-operation with the following foreign institutions, universities and international organizations: Chiang Mai University, Asia Training Centre On Aging- ATCOA (Thailand); Kunming Medical College, Youjiang Medical College for Nationalities (China), Counterpart International (USA), Allianz Mission (Germany).
8. Contacts Address
Thai Nguyen College of Medicine
Luong Ngoc Quyen Road
Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam
Tel: 84-280-852671, 855193, 851945