1. Foundation Date
The College was founded in 1970.
- To provide higher education in agriculture, forestry and related fields of study through its degree training programs on agricultural and forestry science for the mountainous region of Northern Vietnam.
- To research and transfer agricultural and forestry innovations from basic to strategic, and applied programs, focusing on agricultural forestry production and effectiveness, rural development for the mountainous region of Northern Vietnam.
3. Degrees and Programs
3.1. Undergraduate Education:
- B.Sc. in Agronomy, Forestry, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary, Agricultural Economics, Business Accounting, Business Administration, Land Management and Agricultural Technology Pedagogy: 4 years.
- B.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine: 4.5 years.
3.2. Postgraduate Education:
- M.Sc. in Agronomy, Animal Husbandry and Agricultural Economics: 2-3 years.
- Doctorate in Agronomy and Animal Husbandry: 3-4 years.
3.3. Other Education:
- Diploma (full-time: 3 years).
- Vocational Education (2 years).
- Short-term training (1-4 weeks).
4. Academic Faculties
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural Economics
- Land Management
- Agricultural Technology Pedagogy
- Postgraduate Training.
5. Centers and Facilities
- Central Laboratory
- Experimental Farm
- Agro-forestry Research and Development Center for Northern Mountainous Region of Vietnam
- Center for the Mountainous Natural Resources and Environment
- Center for Counseling Students
- Center for the Applied Informatics
- Center for the Applied English Teaching.
6. Faculty and Students
The teaching staff is 209 including 2 Associate Professors, 35 Ph.D., 154 Masters and 18 Bachelors.
Total number of students: 5,960
- Full-time students: 3,460
- Part-time students: 2,500.
7. International Relations
The College has strengthened the co-operation with national and international institutions to pursue the academic excellence and relevance in teaching, research and extension.
The activities of co-operation are focused on
- Exchange of academic curriculum and materials
- Exchange of faculty staff and students
- Development of twinning projects/programs
- Joint organization of workshops and training courses.
Presently, the College has close co-operation with the following oversea institutions: The University of Hohenheim (Germany); the University of Saskatchewan, British Colombia (Canada); Adelaide University (Australia); University of Waikato (New Zealand); the University of Quangxi (China); Chiang Mai University (Thailand), etc.
Additionally, the College has had relations with the international organizations such as CIAT, CECI, IRRI, Ford Foundation and others.
Prof.Dr. Tu Quang Hien, Rector
Dr. Dang Kim Vui, Vice Rector
Dr. Nguyen The Dang, Director of Dept. of
Address: Thai Nguyen College of Agriculture and Forestry
Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam
Tel: 84-280-852884, 855564