The Education Publishing House (EPH) was established on 1 June 1957. On 21 May 2003, the Prime Minister issued Decision No 02/2003/QD-TTg approving the pilot project of switching the operation of the EPH to follow the “Parent and subsidiary company” model.
On 28 July 2003, the Minister of Education and Training issued Decision No. 3961/QD-BGD&DT-TCCB to reorganize the EPH into a parent company according to the “Parent and subsidiary company” model.
The EPH as parent company consists of: the EPH in Hanoi City, the EPH in Da Nang City, the EPH in Ho Chi Minh City and the Company of Educational Cartography and Illustration.
The Vietnamese name and international transaction name of the publishing house is: Nha Xuat ban Giao duc. Its English name is education publishing house (abbreviated as EPH).
Subsidiary companies include:
· Dien Hong Printing Joint Stock Company, 187B, Giang Vo Str., Hanoi
· Textbook Printing Joint Stock Company in Hanoi City, Nguyen Khe, Dong Anh District, Hanoi
· Hoa Phat Textbook Printing Joint Stock Company, 157 Ton Duc Thang Road, Da Nang City
· Textbook Printing Joint Stock Company in Ho Chi Minh City, 240 Tran Binh Trong Str., District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
· Education Book Joint Stock Company in Hanoi City, 187B Giang Vo Str., Hanoi
· Education Book Joint Stock Company in Da Nang City, 15 Nguyen Chi Thanh Str., Da Nang City
· Education Book Joint Stock Company in Ho Chi Minh City, 240 Tran Binh Trong Str., District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
· Education Audio-Visual Joint Stock Company. 240 Tran Binh Trong St., District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
· Higher Education Book Joint Stock Company, 25 Han Thuyen Str., Hanoi.
Besides, there are also the Scientific Technological Center for Textbooks, the Book Center for Ethnic Minorities, Educational Materials Joint - Venture Company (COGI), Bien Hoa City, Dong Nai Province, "Math and Youth" Magazine, "Math for Childhood" Magazine, "Literature and Youth" Magazine.
The EPH has 1,300 employees, of which the editorial staff is large in number and rich in experiences consisting of over 240 editors with university and higher degrees in different specialization,
1 professor, 5 associate professors, 35 doctors and 42 masters working in Editorial Offices in all three regions of the country.
The EPH has a book distribution network throughout the country, including Book and School Equipment Companies of
64 provinces and cities together with a library system of schools and universities, colleges and professional secondary schools in the whole country and book distribution agents in all provinces and cities.
The EPH has the following duties:
1. To organize the compilation, edition, publishing, printing and distribution of textbooks, reference books, magazines, photos, pictures, maps, video and audio tapes, CD-ROM, electronic books serving for teaching and learning in all education branches and levels in the national education system in the whole country.
2. To coordinate with the relevant agencies of the Ministry of Education and Training in management and supervision of the school library and publication activities in the education sector.
3. To carry out co-operation and joint-venture with domestic and foreign organizations and individuals, international organizations (including non-government organizations) in the field of publishing, printing and distribution of educational publications, information exchange, expert exchange, staff training and import and export of commodities related to the production and business activities of the EPH in accordance with the regulations of the State and the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Books for pre-school education.
- Textbooks, teacher’s books, workbooks, selected reference books for pupils and teachers in primary, lower, upper secondary schools and continuing education system.
- Teaching and learning materials, reference documents for students, pupils and lecturers in colleges, universities, high schools, secondary technical and vocational schools.
- Textbooks, learning materials in minority languages for pupils of ethnic minorities.
- Specialized books, electronic books, bilingual and explanatory dictionaries, specialized dictionaries, reference books, further reading books for improving the teaching and learning quality in schools and raising the intellectual level of the people.
- Vietnamese textbooks for foreigners, books for international co-operation.
- Maps, atlases, educational photos and pictures of various kinds.
- Video and audio tapes of various subjects, CD-ROM.
- Monthly magazines: Math and Youth, Math for Childhood, Literature and Youth.
- Specialized issues: Education books and school libraries.
Quantity of books published by EPH in recent years:
· 1995: 1,900 book titles, 135 million copies
· 1996: 1,600 book titles, 120 million copies
· 1997: 2,000 book titles, 130 million copies
· 1998: 1,900 book titles, 140 million copies
· 1999: 2,100 book titles, 135 million copies
· 2000: 2,000 book titles, 130 million copies
· 2001: 2,200 book titles, 135 million copies.
· 2002: 1,900 book titles, 176 million copies.
· 2003: 2,100 book titles, 180.5 million copies.
Chairman of the Board of Management and General Director: Ngo Tran Ai
Vice General Director and Editor-in-Chief: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vu Duong Thuy
Vice General Directors: Nguyen Xuan Hoa, Vu Ba Hoa,
Dr. Nguyen Dang Quang, Dr. Nguyen Quy Thao, Huynh Ba Van
Chief Accountant: MSc. Mac Van Thien
Chief of Administrator: Nguyen Minh Khang
Address : 81 Tran Hung Dao Str., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel. : 84-4-8220801
Fax : 84-4-9422010
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.nxbgd.com.vn