1. Structural Organization
· There is one Scientific Council organized and operated as in line with regulations by the Ministry of Science and Technology and other Advising Committees established by rules set by the Institute.
· The Institute Director appointed by Minister of Education and Training is responsible for the organization and management of the performance and operation of the Institute.
· The Institute Deputy Directors assisting the Director are appointed by the Minister of Education and Training upon the proposal of the Director. These Deputy Directors are responsible for their assigned tasks and functions.
- Educational Statistics and Forecast Center
- Research Center for Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- Research Center for Early Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- Research Center for General Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- Research Center for Vocational and Higher Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- Research Center for Part-time Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- Research Center for Specialised Education Strategy and Curriculum Development
- R&D Center for Learning Materials and Teaching Aids
- Training Center
- Education Unit
· Functional Departments
- Personnel Department
- Research Department
- International Co-operation Department
- Accounting Department
· Information Units
- IT Center and Library
- Education Development Journal
- Education and Science Information Journal
2. NIESAC Introduction
The Institute has the following functions:
- To consult Minister of Education and Training in the development of education strategy and curriculum for different levels of education.
- To provide postgraduate programs.
- To provide theoretical bases for development of education strategies and policies, of curriculum and to improve education quality for the development of the country.
The Institute’s tasks:
- To develop long-term plans, five year plans and annual plans for the research, application and implementation of Education Strategies and Curriculum upon the approval of the Minister of Education and Training.
- To conduct research on curriculum, projects of all types in education and related fields.
- To conduct research and implement programs, research projects as theoretical bases for consultation to the Minister of Education and Training for decision-making process towards the central governance and development of early education, general education, vocational education and higher education.
- To coordinate with related agencies and organizations to research and utilize the Party and Government’s strategies and policies to build up and develop strategies, education curriculum for all levels and all types of courses.
- To research and build up frame curriculum for professional secondary education, and higher education.
- To cooperate with research organizations within and outside education system for development of learning materials and teaching aids.
- To organize and jointly organize postgraduate programs in fields within the scope of functions of the Institute.
- To collect and process information to be provided to the public in terms of education strategies, education curriculum; to publish educational publications.
- To offer consulting services in the field of education and training.
- To join in international co-operation for research and development in the field of education.
- To conduct other activities as assigned by the Minister of Education and Training.
3. Board of Institute Leaders
Institute Director: Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huu Chau
Deputy Director: Dr. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
Deputy Director: Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Cong Giap
Deputy Director: Associate Prof., Dr. Phan Van Kha
Deputy Director: Dr. Nguyen Loc
4. Contact Address:
101 Tran Hung Dao Str., Hanoi