Ho Chi Minh City University of Engineering and Technology
1. Foundation: 26 April 1995.
- Train the students for high background in science and practical skill, having qualities of “Know - how - Morale - Innovation”, able to self-confirm, to survive and to promote. To contribute to the construction of a wealthy Socialist Vietnam.
- Supply skilled manpower, in demand by the nation in the era of modernization and industrialization.
- Combine modern, state-of-the-art methodology with traditional education to make best professionals which can readily be adapted to any country, in the region and around the world.
3. Degrees and Academic Curriculum
The University offers 4 different levels of academic and vocational training: Undergraduate/Training College/ Vocational High School/ Basic Vocational.
Yearly academic programs are modulized with a credit system. A 4-year program is required for full-time students. During the program, students benefit from practical training in labs, workshops of the university and in different enterprises. We make an effort to provide students with a combination of theory and practice.
The basic science division, issued by the Ministry of Education is entirely followed. At the same time, the Faculty Committee of each faculty has designed curriculum and training plan for the specialized division. A specialized division program meets the demand of the society as well as ensures both scientific background and professional skills.
Attendance in class is mandatory.
3.1. Undergraduate Education
- B.Sc. in electrical engineering, electronics - telecommunication, computer technology, computer aided mechanics, environmental technology, civil engineering, fashion industry: 4,5 years.
- B.A. in English, business administration, finance – accounting: 4 years.
3.2. Training College Education
Training College advanced diploma in computer technology, business administration, English, electricity - electronics: 3 years.
3.3. Vocational High School:
Diploma in informatics - accounting, computer technician, electronics - telecommunication, electrical engineering, electro - refrigeration, tourism: 2 years.
4. Academic Faculties
- Electricity - Electronics
- Computer Technology
- Computer Aided Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Business Administration
- Fashion Design and Garment Industry
- Foreign Language
- Civil Engineering.
5. Centers and Facilities
- Foreign Language & Informatics Center
- Lab for Material Strength - Building Materials - Construction Survey Equipment
- Geo - Technical Lab
- Technical Designing Room
- Computer Room
- Analog Circuit Electronic Lab
- Pulse - Digital Technology Lab
- Micro-processing Lab
- Telecommunication Electronics Lab
- Data Transmission - CAD and Adaptation Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Circuit Lab
- Electrical Engineering Lab
- Electric Machinery Lab
- Environmental Technology Lab
- Tneumatic - Hydraulic Lab and PLC (Program Logistic Control)
- Sewing Workshop
- Food Processing Workshop
- Accounting Adaptation Room
- Virtual Stock Exchange Company
- Engineering - Refrigerating Workshop.
6. Faculty and Students
The teaching staff includes 1 Associate Professor, 6 Associate Professors Doctors, 2 Doctors of Science, 4 Ph.D., 25 Masters, 136 Bachelors.
Total enrollment: 8,000 students.
7. International Relations
The University keeps in touch with many universities and colleges worldwide. As a young university, in this stage of consolidation and development, our institution still needs more teaching-aids, equipment for labs and workshops.
During the growth of our school, we are always granted unlimited co-operation and help from the Administration as well as different economical and social organizations and from our municipal, national and regional partners.
Our commitment and success and the growth of our community rely on this precious co-operation and support of all of such benefactors as we have mentioned above.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the Community and to our friends, in and out of our sight who have supported and continue to support us concretely and efficiently to accomplish our mission in the education and development of technical manpower for our country.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bui Xuan Liem, Rector
Address: Ho Chi Minh City University of Engineering
144/24 Dien Bien Phu Str.,
Ward 25, Binh Thanh District
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam