1. Foundation: The Thai Binh University of Medicine was founded on July 23rd, 1968.
- To provide higher education in medicine including graduate and postgraduate programs to provide health care for people in agriculture and rural areas. In addition, provide graduate training to students from Democratic People’s Republic of Laos and Cambodia.
- To research Medicine and Health Care focusing on Primary Health Care and Community Health Care. In addition, to apply the advancement of Modern Medicine and Traditional Medicine to examination, diagnosis, and treatment fields.
3. Degrees and Programs
3.1. Undergraduate Education
- Long-term course (general and speciality): 6 years.
- Short-term course (general and speciality): 4 years.
3.2. Postgraduate Education
- Medical Doctor Speciality grade I and grade II.
- Master’s degree (Ms.) in Public Health: 2 years.
- Continuing training and retraining for Medical Doctor working in Health Station.
3.3. Certificate Level
- Providing certificates in language, computer skills.
4. Faculty and Students
- The teaching staff of 252 includes 2 Associate Professors, 17 Ph.D., 63 Masters of Science, 23 Speciality Doctors Grade II and 41 Speciality Doctors Grade I.
- The total of student enrollment: 2,500.
5. Administrative Structure
- There are 8 divisions and 1 Boarder Center;
- 33 Speciality Departments and 1 Department for Defense Education;
- Centers: Center for Information Technology, Language Center and Center for Environment, Population and Rural Health;
- 14 laboratories for teaching basic science, pre-clinical care and 1 Central Laboratory with modern equipment to serve training and research programs.
6. International Relations
Currently, Thai Binh University of Medicine has established co-operation with the following International Organizations: UNICEF, WHO, SIDA and IHCAR (Sweden), FHI (US), SEAMIC (Japan), FFI (France), SEAMEO TROMED (Thailand), CEI (Italy), Maastricht University (The Netherlands).
Over the past 30 years, the Thai Binh University of Medicine has trained more than 10,000 Medical Doctors (of which more than 500 doctors were from Democratic People’s Republic of Laos and Cambodia). Parallel with training activities, the Thai Binh University of Medicine has been implementing projects in various levels such as State, Ministerial and International. With these achievements, the University was awarded the Vietnam Government’s Labor Decoration (First, Second and Third Class) and 1 Feat of Arms Decoration. In addition, Democratic People’s Republic of Laos awarded their Independence Medal First Class and Cambodia awarded the University their Country Gold Development Medal.
8. College Director
Ass.Prof. Tran Van Que, Ph.D.
Address: Thai Binh University of Medicine
81 Ly Bon Street, Thai Binh Town
Thai Binh Province, Vietnam
Tel: 84-36-838545, 836858